As a fourth-generation dog person, I am privileged to carry on a family, and personal passion. Born and raised in the dog show environment, I have been involved with dogs to some degree all my life, breeding and exhibiting Miniature and Standard Poodles, and Whippets.
Learn more: Peter Laventhall-Wolfish – Biography.
Serving on the CKC Board of Directors for the past 6-years, it has been an honour to represent the interests of our members in Zone 7, as well as the interests of all member and all dogs in Canada.
The Goal: Develop a strong, financially sound organization that puts its members first.
It is my intention to continue to build upon my combined experience as a board member, and business and technology professional, by offering strategic guidance to allow CKC to pivot and adapt to successfully handle these changing times.
Current CKC challenges and opportunities broadly include:
- Making strategic decisions that will positively impact CKC budget
- Planning for the approaching lease deadline
- Exploring structural changes to bring new efficiencies and better member experience
- Addressing and representing member concerns and interests
Personal Objectives for the next board term:
- Help plan and prepare for the new Building Lease, and develop the new Workplace model in support to remote worker strategies.
- Learn more: Developing the Future Work Place and why it matters
- See the IT4YOU project through to completion: redefining the CKC members’ experience, providing on-line access to the member registrations, breeding and event records.
- Learn more: Redefining the CKC Members’ Experience.
- Continue providing Strategic Leadership: strengthen the CKC; grow membership and participation in the sport of Purebred Dogs.
- Learn more: Strategic Leadership: Strengthening the CKC.
What I bring to the table:
- Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering
- First-hand experience as a CKC board member, and a knowledge of the challenges that it includes
- Extensive background in sales and marketing
- A life-long passion for dogs and dog shows